Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sharing Fruit Smoothies with the Dog

I don't like the taste of yogurt, so I always make smoothies when I feel like consuming some healthy probiotics. Now that summer is here and many fruits are in season, I make smoothies more often. In our house, Chewy always gets a serving, too! While it is unclear whether dogs benefit from the same probiotics that people do, the pureeing of the fruit ingredients should make them easier for digestion. 

If I'm the only person in the house that wants a smoothie, making an extra serving for Chewy fills up the blender more, helping it blend much better. Win-win!

Smoothies for two
Chewy is always on standby once we start prepping fruits and filling up the blender.

For me?
The prospect of food is always exciting for a Chewy!

*slurppp*

A few Chewy-approved smoothie ingredients: plain yogurt, strawberry, blueberry, banana, peach, mango, pineapple

Chewy-DISapproved smoothie ingredients: MINT!

Chewy will eat almost anything, but if you give him a mint leaf, he will spit it out and go "blegh!!!" He will also reject smoothies with a strong mint flavor.

I wonder if Chewy would enjoy drinking green juice. I'm waiting for my spinach to grow out to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment